RYHURST JOINT VENTURE PARTNERSHIP MODEL ‘STEP’
Ryhurst has developed an approach that helps the NHS to better utilise its estate, improve the quality of buildings essential for clinical services and provide a more equitable solution for the taxpayer than PFI.
STEP (Service Targeted Estates Partnership) is a Joint Venture Partnership model, the key principles of which include:
- It is an equal partnership between NHS Trust management and Ryhurst as estate managers.
- A strategy for the whole Trust estate, which releases revenue to fund improved clinical services.
- Reducing or reusing surplus estate in order to create efficiencies and create savings.
- The partnership is long-term, non exclusive and shares equally between parties any risk and rewards. Ryhurst’s fees are transparent and agreed with the Trust from the outset.
- No fixed supply chain meaning the Trust can demonstrate value for money and ensure that the most appropriate specialists are used for each project.